Eligibility & Referral
- Patient must be 17 years old or younger
- Patient must be receiving treatment at the Johns Hopkins Children’s Center
- Patient’s family must live at least 60 miles from the hospital
To apply for hospital housing with Believe In Tomorrow, an online referral must be completed on a family’s behalf by a member of the child’s JHH medical team. Families may not self refer. If your hospital contact is unfamiliar with the referral process or needs the login information, please have them contact our Family Care Coordinator at 410-614-2560.
Once a referral has been received on your family’s behalf, we will process your request while taking into consideration the severity of your child’s condition and the nature of your visit. We strive to accommodate as many families as possible and often have a long waiting list.
We contact families directly to let them know if/when we are able to accommodate their request for housing. Due to the high number of requests we receive, we cannot contact families if we are unable to offer housing.
While staying at one of Believe In Tomorrow’s hospital housing facilities, we aim to provide you with a home-away-from-home while your child is in the hospital. Below are some of the amenities we can offer you at each location:
The Believe In Tomorrow Children’s House at Johns Hopkins
- Each bedroom has two queen beds and private bathroom.
- Sheets and towels provided.
- Common kitchens on each floor with personal refrigerator and pantry storage.
- Coin-operated washer and dryer.
- Wireless internet throughout house.
- Computer and printer stations.
- Play areas for all age children (toddlers – teenagers).
- Gated parking lot, limited to one vehicle per family.
- Walking distance to hospital entrance (less than 2 blocks).
Families can also enjoy:
- Hundreds of movies to select from.
- Hundreds of Xbox, Wii, and Playstation games.
- Books, toys, puzzles, games, and crafts.
- Travel-size personal items if you forget anything.
- Cots and cribs (upon request).
- Full-service elevator.
- Handicap accessories such as wheelchair, shower chair, and other devices available upon request.
- Volunteer van driver services, as available.
- All activities listed below, including family suppers and passes to attractions.
While staying at one of Believe In Tomorrow’s hospital housing locations, families are encouraged to participate in many activities, including:
Volunteer Van Drivers
Arts & Crafts
How you can support our programs
How do the referral selection and waiting list work?
What is the fee for Believe In Tomorrow’s hospital housing program?
Am I able to have a third party pay my expenses?
What do I need to know after a room has been confirmed?
Do you provide transportation for families?
Where do I park?
Do you provide meals?
How many family members can stay in a room?
While my child is in the hospital, what can my other children do?
Can family and friends send cards or care packages while staying at the house?
Yes. Packages, letters, cards, and flowers can be sent and will be held at the front desk or put in your mail slot. Please direct everything to be sent to:The Believe In Tomorrow Children’s House
Attn: [Family Name & Room Number]
1915 McElderry Street
Baltimore, MD 21205