- 1915 McElderry St, Baltimore, MD 21205
- Opened in 1992
The Believe In Tomorrow Children’s House at Johns Hopkins is the cornerstone of Believe In Tomorrow’s hospital housing program, providing overnight accommodations to families of children receiving treatment at the world-renowned Johns Hopkins Children’s Center in Baltimore, MD. Accommodating up to 15 families a night, the facility provides an average of 2,000 overnight stays each month to families from every state in the U.S. and over 82 countries worldwide. Its doors are located just two blocks from the hospital’s main entrance and serves as a national model for pediatric hospital housing.
While staying at the Believe In Tomorrow Children’s House, families are provided with a network of support while they face the conditions surrounding their child’s life threatening illness. Families are encouraged to interact with one another, especially during volunteer-led activities like nightly Family Suppers, which help to promote self-help and mutual support. The goal of Believe In Tomorrow’s hospital housing program is to provide a home away from home when families need it most.
Here are just a few of the amenities available to the children and families that stay with us:
- Common, double kitchens on each floor with personal refrigerator and pantry storage
- Wireless internet throughout the house
- Complimentary computers, iPads, and printer stations
- Play areas for all age children (toddlers – teenagers)
- Xbox, Wii, and Playstation with hundreds of video games
- Books, toys, puzzles, and games
- Gated parking lot
- Volunteer van driver services, as available
- Walking distance to hospital entrance (less than 2 blocks)
View or download our current Hospital Housing Wish List here!
From the very small to the very large, in-kind contributions help defray our costs and can provide a greater sense of comfort to our families.