Beach Activities – Summer 2017:
We are so excited that you will be joining Believe In Tomorrow at the beach this summer. Below you will see a list of activities that are available to you during your trip. Read through the options and mark off the ones that interest your family. Please feel free to call us with any questions. Some families want to come and just relax and not have a schedule and others are excited to participate in anything and everything they can. This is your trip so you can design it in a way that works best for your family.
A few guidelines for you:
- Don’t over schedule yourselves then get tired out later in the week. Once you schedule things it is very important to show up and be on time. Please call if something comes up.
- We might need to make adjustments to fit everyone in.
- If your family is not early risers please make note of times and schedule accordingly.
- Activities are donated for immediate family members who are listed on the respite forms only.
Monday Family Deck Party
Jolly Roger Amusement Park
Hooper’s Crab House
On the Air at Seacrets Radio
Coast Guard Rides/Tour
Fishing and Sightseeing
Volunteers from The Ocean Pines Anglers and the MSSA/ACC provide fishing and/or sightseeing on the coastal waters of Ocean City. Please let them know whether you prefer fishing or sightseeing. The trips are scheduled on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays during the months of June, July and August based on the availability of captains and their boats. We meet at the Ocean Pines Yacht Club at 10:00 AM each scheduled trip. You will have directions to get you there. We will provide the fishing gear, bait and life preservers. The length of the trips will be decided by the captain and parents that day and we are very flexible with the time on the water. The average trip is three hours, but there are trips that end in an hour due to unanticipated circumstances. Weather can be a factor as to going out on the water. WE are very safety conscious and if there is even a slight chance of thunderstorms, the trip will be cancelled.
Following are parent’s responsibilities:
- Make you best effort to arrive on time
- Dress appropriately for cooler June weather and hot July and August
- Bring sunglasses, hats and suntan lotion.
- You may bring food and drinks.
- Bring you cameras and/or camera phones.
- A few boats have toilet facilities, but most do not.
- We have rest room facilities to use before boarding the boat and upon return.
- Let the captain know of any special needs or circumstances.
- Remind the kids that safety is our priority.
- The docks can be a safety hazard as kids are curious and often look for marine life in the water. With the younger kids keep their hands as we walk to the boat.
Autumn Grove Horse Farm
Kite Flying on the Beach
Courtesy of the Kite Loft kids can learn kite flying skills Wednesday evenings at 6:00 on the beach at 66th Street.
Ocean Lanes Bowling
Crafts on the Deck
In the form below, check the activities your family would like to schedule